Time: 30 mins.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tablespoon harissa seasoning powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth, divided
- ½ cup Hemp Hearts + more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup green lentils
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Move oven rack about 4 inches from top of oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds and stems.
- Place peppers on a foil lined baking sheet, cut side down.
- Roast peppers 30-40 minutes until skins are very dark and peppers have collapsed.
- Meanwhile, over low heat, sautÃ© oil and garlic until tender and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add harissa to garlic and oil and continue sautÃ©ing about 1-2 minutes until spices are fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a blender combine Hemp Hearts and ½ cup vegetable broth and blend until smooth. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture for garnish.
- Remove peppers from oven and use tongs to place them in a paper bag. Seal bag to steam peppers for about 10 minutes to help loosen the skin.
- Peel the skins off and discard.
- To blender with remaining hemp cream, add peeled roasted peppers, garlic mixture, remaining broth, apple cider vinegar and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Bring blended mixture to a boil in pot on stove.
- Add lentils, bring back to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes until lentils are tender, but not mushy.
- Serve topped with hemp cream, fresh parsley and Hemp Hearts.