Yield: 6 Large Muffins
Serving Size: 1 muﬃn (109g)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hemp hearts (hemp hearts can be toasted for a bolder flavor)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ and place 6 liners into each well of your large size muffin baking pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- It is helpful to use a large scoop (about 5 oz per muffin) to evenly distribute the batter into each well. They will be nearly full. This will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Combine the 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts with the 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Divide equally over the 6 unbaked muffins sprinkling the mixture over the top of the unbaked muffin.
- Bake your muffins for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!