Makes 10-12 cupcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup + 2 Tbs Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup 1-to-1 gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vanilla oat milk, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 10-12 fresh strawberries, washed
- Preheat oven at 335 degrees F and line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Place ½ cup hemp hearts in a blender or grinder and pulse/grind for 10-20 seconds, until the texture resembles coarse flour.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and hemp heart flour. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Once well combined, add flax eggs, vanilla extract, vanilla oat milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix well. Be careful not to overmix. The mixing components of steps 3 and 4 together, shouldn’t take more than 90 seconds, whether using a stand mixer, hand mixer or a wooden spoon/spatula.
- Fold in remaining 2 Tbs of hemp hearts (5-10 seconds). Fill 70% of each cupcake liner with the batter and bake for 25 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow cupcakes to cool down to room temperature and generously ice each cupcake and place a fresh strawberry on top.
Coconut Cream Icing Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy coconut cream or coconut whipped cream or vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar or to taste
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract (or vanilla extract. Use 1 tsp vanilla extract if using cream cheese)
- 2 Tbs desiccated coconut (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes before icing the cupcakes.
- Can substitute coconut cream icing with 1 cup of any other icing of choice.
- Prepare icing and refrigerate while cupcakes are baking.