- 2 1/2 tbsp. filtered water
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds (freshly ground if possible)
- 2 cups Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pink rock or gray sea salt
- 2/3 cup raw liquid honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter (or coconut oil if coconut butter is unavailable)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the water and flax, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Hemp Hearts, coconut, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the honey and coconut butter to the flax. With a hand mixer, beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Fold this wet mixture into the dry ingredients, and combine well. The resulting texture should be fairly dry.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture, and, using your hands, roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet. With wet fingers, flatten the top so the cookie is 1/2 inch thick. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Makes 24 cookies. Will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature or up to 6 months in the freezer.
Recipe and image reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and Harper Collins Canada from the bestselling book Hot Detox. ©HotDetox2017. Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter/Instagram @juliedaniluk.