Time: 40 mins.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp. feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- handful basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- Brush each side with olive oil.
- Place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- When the eggplant is done, place your hummus in a plastic baggie and cut off one corner (kind of like icing). You can definitely just spoon the hummus onto the eggplant too, it just looks prettier if you swirl it out like icing onto each eggplant disc.
- Sprinkle each tostada with feta, toasted pine nuts, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, and chopped basil and serve.
Recipe courtesy of The Toasted Pine Nut.