- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature to semi-melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- zest of one lemon
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a square baking dish (8x8 or 9x9 will work) with parchment paper or spray with a little coconut oil non-stick spray.
- Mix flour, oats and coconut oil into a mixing bowl and use your hands to combine everything together and create coarse crumbs. Add in the sugar, lemon zest and Hemp Hearts. Mix everything using your hands and then press the mixture together so that it starts to form large sticky clumps.
- Press two thirds of the oatmeal mixture (about 3 1/2 cups) evenly into the baking dish using your hands. Sprinkle the blueberries on top and cover with the rest of the oat mixture. Press everything down lightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the bars a golden brown. Cut into 12 bars with a knife while the bars are still warm and allow to cool in the baking dish before removing. Be patient, if you don't let them cool they will fall apart.
- Enjoy right away after cooling. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Can be eaten cold or reheated.
Recipe courtesy of Brittany from Eating Bird Food.