Yields 4 large salads or about 6 side salads
- 12 cups chopped romaine (22 ounce package)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups 1” sliced cucumber, equal to about 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 8 oz feta, crumbled (option to omit for a dairy-free recipe)
- 2 small avocados, pitted, fleshed and chopped into chunks
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts, for garnish
CREAMY GREEK DRESSING
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ water
- 3 tablespoons ACV or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Toss chopped romaine, grape tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, olives, red onion and feta in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: add all dressing ingredients to a small food processor or blender cup. Blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Serve salad topped with chopped avocado and hemp hearts, drizzling with as much dressing as desired. Option to toss salad bowl with all of the dressing.
- This salad is great for meal prep or serving a crowd, but can also easily be adapted for less servings.
- Feel free to add your favorite source of protein.
- Store leftover dressing in jar with lid, refrigerated; enjoy within 5 days.
- Store leftover salad in airtight container, refrigerated. Un-dressed salad will keep about 4-5 days.
- Enjoy dressed salad within 2-3 days.