Time: 30 mins.
- 2 cups (220 g) blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup (130 g) erythritol
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk (non-dairy or regular)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted coconut oil or ghee
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (100 g) Hemp Hearts
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 cup (45 g) granulated erythritol
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a standard-size 12-well muffin pan with muffin liners, or use a silicone muffin pan, which won't require liners.
- Place the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, melted oil, and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until fully combined. Fold in the Hemp Hearts.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin wells, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops are golden. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cinnamon sugar topping: Place the melted oil in a small dish, then place the erythritol and cinnamon in another small bowl and stir to combine.
- Once the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush the top of a muffin with melted oil and then, holding it above the cinnamon sugar bowl, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Gently shake off the excess and repeat with the remaining muffins.
STORE IT: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
THAW IT: Set on the counter to defrost completely before enjoying.
Recipe courtesy of Healthful Pursuit from The Keto Diet Cookbook.