Yield: About 40 Energy Balls
Serving Size: 1 Energy Ball (16g)
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates pitted (about 15 each, 9 oz)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups hemp hearts
- Water as needed for binding
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- Flaked sea salt to garnish
- Using a food processor, add the dates and process until broken apart and sticky, about 30 seconds.
- With the food processor running, add the remaining ingredients (minus the hemp hearts and chocolate) and process until a dough begins to form. You should be able to pinch it between your fingers and it will stay together.
- Pulse in the hemp hearts. Add water by teaspoons if needed to maintain sticky texture.
- Form the dough into one-inch diameter sized pieces (you should get around 40 balls). Place the ball on a parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate. Once melted, dip the top of each ball into the melted chocolate and return them to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes while the chocolate is still shiny.
- Allow energy balls to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until chocolate has set, then serve.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.