Yield: 6 Large Muffins
Serving Size: 1 muﬃn (200g)
- 1 1⁄4 cups ﬂour
- 1 cup hemp hearts (hemp hearts can be toasted for a bolder flavor)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder - used low sodium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and place 6 liners into each well of your large size muffin baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- It is helpful to use a large scoop (about 5 oz per muffin) to evenly distribute the batter into each well. They will be nearly full. This will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Bake your muffins for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Combine well the 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts with the 3 tablespoons of sugar. Divide equally over the 6 unbaked muffins, sprinkling the mixture over the top of the unbaked muffin.