Time: 30 mins.
Servings: 8 slices
2 cups gluten-free flour
1/3 cup Hemp Hearts
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
¾ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon all spice powder
¼ teaspoon ginger powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ¼ cups applesauce
1 cup sugar
½ cup avocado oil
¼ cup dairy-free yogurt (we used almond)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl stir together dry ingredients (flour, Hemp Hearts, baking soda, baking powder, spices, salt) and make a well in the center.
- In the dry ingredients well, add wet ingredients (eggs, applesauce, sugar, oil, yogurt) then whisk wet ingredients first to combine then incorporate into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with ghee, butter or coconut butter.