Passer au contenu
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup banana chips, crushed or chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Mash the bananas in a large bowl until smooth. Add in the applesauce and stir.
- In a small saucepan, combine the banana and apple mixture with the peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Heat on low until the mixture is warm and has loosened up (this makes it easier to mix with the oats).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, Hemp Hearts, and coconut flakes then pour the banana mixture on top and mix until all the oats are wet.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment paper lined pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir the granola. Bake for another hour, stirring after every 15 minutes.
- Take the granola out of the oven once it is golden brown and crisp.
- Let the granola cool and then stir in the banana chips.
- Store the granola in an airtight container. Serve on top of yogurt, smoothie bowls or oatmeal, or eat it on its own!