For the Chips:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large beet
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, or cooking oil of choice
For the Seasoning:
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- Begin by thinly slicing the vegetables. This can be done with a knife, but it is recommended that you use a mandolin to get thin and even slices.
- Combine the seasonings with the Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts in a small blender or grinder and grind into a fine powder.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking oil. Lay out the thinly sliced vegetables, you may need multiple cookie sheets to fit them all. Add another light coat of cooking oil over the veggies and sprinkle on the ground-up seasoning mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350°F. Depending on exactly how thick the veggie chips are you may need to cook them a bit longer, keep an eye on them every 10-15 minutes. Once the edges start to brown, turn the oven off and let the chips sit in the hot oven with the door cracked open for a final 15 minutes, this step helps to crisp up the chips without burning them. Enjoy!