Passer au contenu
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 flax egg (add 1 tbsp. of ground flax to 3 tbsp. of water and let sit for 15 minutes)
- 4 tbsp. applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a medium size bowl and stir until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are well mixed and all of the flour has been worked into the dough.
- Separate the dough into two equal balls and wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge once it has been chilled for two hours and roll it out on a floured surface until it is 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes and place them onto a parchment paper lined pan.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Decorate if desired and store in an airtight container or tin.