Servings: 3-4 Servings
- 2 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk (or your other favourite non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Add the olive oil, shallots and garlic to a large pot and cook over medium heat until they are translucent.
- Put the pumpkin, vegetable stock, coconut milk and maple syrup in the pot and cook until it is simmering.
- Pour the soup into a blender and add the Hemp Hearts and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup back into the pot and cook over medium heat for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once the soup reaches the desired temperature, ladle it into bowls and serve. You can also top it with extra Hemp Hearts, chives and a drizzle of coconut milk.